12 Things Cats Hate the Most
If you’re a cat lover then you know that cats are oversensitive creatures but not exactly in the way you may think sometimes their behaviour is just misunderstood in this blog we’ll discuss the top 12 things cats hate that you should avoid.
- High-pitched sounds: while cats hear low-pitched noises about just as well as we do they can pick up high-pitched sounds much better than humans their range goes even beyond that of dogs high-pitched noises to cats come in ways you would not expect ambulance sirens loud music hair dryers vacuum cleaners or even your phone’s ringtones are some of the high-pitched sounds that cats hate this is another reason that we should never shout at our kitties as this only causes Stress and Anxiety.
- Low temperatures: cats like temperatures of 20 degrees higher than humans’ ideal temperature, in fact, a cat’s coat isn’t made to protect them from low temperatures, on the contrary, their coat protects their delicate skin from extreme heat.
- Water: while you may think cats need a bath they don’t unlike dogs cats bathe themselves and think of the Great Sphinx of Giza many modern domestic cat breeds come from arid countries around the Middle East or Asia no one really knows but the theory is that the lack of water in their breeding makes them intolerant of getting wet, however, here is another piece of advice a cat likes to have fresh water to drink on their own leisure means that you have to put fresh water for your feline every day in a clean dish if they don’t drink enough water your cat can get a urinary tract infection.
- Surprises: you probably have watched videos of cats getting scared of cucumbers but what actually happens is that your cat isn’t afraid of the cucumber itself but it is the fact that the cucumber appeared next to them without them noticing it cats tend to be scared of the unknown as it could represent a danger or predator and in the case of a cucumber a snake although some may find it funny surprises cause anxiety and fear in your cat it’s best to look for other ways to have fun with your pet.
- Stale the food: you may think that dry or wet food lasts for several days but it doesn’t cats will eat fresh food that is newly opened but they won’t touch it after that cats need to eat daily but not in the same way that dogs do if your cat is picking at their food they are telling you that they don’t like it because it may be stale or they don’t like the Flavor.
- Dirty litter box: cats are extremely clean animals and they devote a large portion of their day for self-grooming, they hate a dirty litter box of grimy toys or an unclean water bowl, so cleaning your cat’s litter box every day will make for a happy cat that loves to use the bathroom in the right place.
Read more about how to choose the best cat litter for your babys: CLICK HERE!
- Certain smells: one of the smells that cats can’t tolerate is gasoline this is why if you take your cat to the vet to make sure the tank is filled beforehand cats also can’t tolerate the smell of onion or vinegar but there’s more menthol, wintergreen and mint are also sense that cats can’t handle but before we give you a break there are more sense a cat will hide away from that’s lavender, citrus, roux, rosemary and cinnamon.
- Strangers: cats do not like strangers or surprise visits they like to feel they’re in control of the territory around them strangers bring a lot of new smells and signs that they have yet to explore cats usually hide when an unknown person or animal visits them however if they have been socialized since they were little they usually don’t mind strangers as many animal experts suggest that your cats need to approach your friends not the other way around.
- Lack of routine: routines are very important because cats are very sensitive to change cats like to be in control of their environment and a small change can unbalance them entirely so if you need to make changes to your house or move to another place make sure you prepare your pet in advance.
- Riding in a car: cats do not like getting in a car because it breaks up their daily routine of being at home unlike dogs who love a good car ride cats are the opposite they get very stressed out when confronted with situations that are uncomfortable so if you have to take your cat to the vet get them a comfortable towel they have snuggled in and then put them in a carrier preferably one they’ve slept in overnight this will make them feel like they are still in their own space.
- Balloons: it’s true cats see balloons as a threat, they can’t defeat to them a balloon of any kind looks like an intruder that may hurt you or them keep in mind if a cat finds a mouse or a large insect they have a chance of Defeating a balloon they just get scared because it can’t overcome it.
- Posing for photos: if you’re a cat lover you may have seen some cute photos with a cat and a selfie but let’s think about real life for a moment your cat does not want to be posted they don’t want to be put in a costume for a photo.
Final thoughts make sure your favourite cat has an oasis in the desert one where they can have a cool drink of clean water and also a peaceful bed where they can relax and call their own this makes you an affectionate owner of a cat who will purr and rub against you and your friends with passion and affection.